So far 5 major awards and 6 minor awards have been presented to some contestants of Miss Earth 2010. Here is our first review about the awards and their winners so far in the competition.
9 November 2010
One major award and two minor awards were presented during the Talent competition in Ho Chi Minh City. Miss India won the Miss Talent award with a belly dance performance that combined traditional Indian and Middle Eastern style. She also won Miss Diamond Place award while Miss Vietnam won Miss Vietnam Airlines award. The event also raised VND100 million, which was donated to the HCM City Red Cross, to support flood victims in the Central Region.
• Miss Talent : Nicole Faria (India)
• Miss Diamond Place : Nicole Faria (India)
• Miss Vietnam Airlines : Luu Thị Diem Huong (Vietnam)
India was chosen as the winner out of Top 5 Finalists and Top 18 semifinalists of Talent competition. The finalists and semifinalists for this event are :
• Top 5 Finalists : Crimea, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam
• Top 18 Semifinalists : Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, England, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, South Africa, Thailand, Tonga
13 November 2010
One major award and one minor award were presented during the National Costume competition in Sea Links Resort, Phan Thiet. Miss Japan won the Best National Costume award, wearing a gown adorned with an intricate design at the back mimicking the traditional Japanese Art of Tattooing or Irezumi. She also won Miss Sea Links City award.
• Best National Costume : Marina Kishira (Japan)
• Miss Sea Links City : Marina Kishira (Japan)
Japan was chosen as the winner out of Top 5 Finalists of National Costume competition. The finalists are :
• Top 5 Finalists : Brazil, Ecuador, Mexico, South Africa
Stay tuned for our second part of awards review!