So far 2 major awards (best in National Costume and Best in Swimsuit) and 10 minor awards have been presented to some contestants of Miss Earth 2009. Here is our review about the awards and their winners so far in the competition.
4 November 2009
One major award and two minor awards are presented during the Press Presentation and National Costume competition at Cultural Center of the Philippines Grand Theater, Pasay City.
• Best in National Costume : Evelyne Almasi (Tanzania)
• Placenta Award : Dignelis Jimenez (Puerto Rico)
• Pasigandahan Award : Maria Luisa Santos (Guam)
7 November 2009
Two minor awards are presented during the Group 1 Preliminary Swimsuit competition at Golden Sunset Resort and Spa, Calatagan.
• Miss Golden Sunset Resort & Spa : Jamillette Gaxiola (Cuba)
• Miss Gandang Ricky Reyes : Alejandra Echevarria (Spain)
12 November 2009
Five minor awards are presented during the 2nd Eco-Fashion Design competition at The Podium Discovery Suites, Manila.
• Miss Perwoll : Jessica Barboza (Venezuela)
• Best in Eco-Design Wear : Jenaae Jackson (Jamaica)
• Best in Eco-Bag Design Wear : Tereza Budkova (Czech Republic)
• Best in Use of Indigenous Products Wear : Suada Saliu (Albania)
• Miss Discovery Suites : Alejandra Echevarria (Spain)
14 November 2009
One major award and one minor award are presented during the Final Swimsuit competition at Fontana Leisure Park and Casino, Pampanga.
• Best in Swimsuit : Sandra Seifert (Philippines)
• Miss Fontana Resort : Yan Xu (China)
Philippines was chosen as the winner out of Top 15 semifinalists of Swimsuit competition. The semifinalists for this event are :
• Group 1 : Colombia, Cuba, Hungary, Spain, Venezuela
• Group 2 : Canada, Malaysia, Philippines, USA, Turks & Caicos
• Group 3 : Brazil, France, Mexico, Paraguay, Switzerland
Photos courtesy of OPMB and Critical Beauty